Wednesday, March 3, 2010

ONE for ME, TWO for THOU

 

     ME and 100s of M-vowel or N-vowel or vowel-M or vowel-N ist-person pronouns are from               אני     ANeeY (me).   THOU and THEE, Latin or French tu (2nd -person pronouns) are from   אתה   ATaH (you).

 

It should be obvious that 2nd person pronouns, like THOU and tu, are also relaled to number two (2). 

 

This only became clear when Daniel David           of edenics.net suggested that  global words that sound like and mean the same as ONE are from  1st-person  אני  ANeeY (me).  Just  as  global  N-vowel, 1st-person  pronouns are more obviously from  אני  ANeeY (me) .   See “ME.”

 

 

If an ancient hunter-gatherer came home with only ONE thing, it would only be for ME.  If he had TWO things, however, there is one thing extra for a second person, for YOU,  for a  תאום     T’WoaM or T’[O]AM , TWIN (see “TWIN”) or, reversing the T-M, for a  MATE or member of the TEAM.   For “two” words with no M, see “DUO” from Aramaic  דו  DOO (two).


I'll paste 2  relevant entries below:

ME            AhNeeY             Aleph-Noon-Yod

ah-NEE_________אני_______[ANY à MY]

ROOTS: ME, the objective case of the first person pronoun, is also me in Latin, French  and Spanish. The IE “root” me includes MINE, MY and MYSELF.

אני AhNeeY is the first person pronoun in Hebrew; the only difference is that    אני AhNeeY is the "I" or subjective case, not the objective ME (which it resembles).  In the famous words of King David, "My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken me." (Psalms 22:2) -- the "me" (the usual first-person objective pronoun suffix) is  -ני Noon-Yod / NeeY.  A standard nasal shift is required (Noon/N to M);

 a standard that Eurocentric scholars did not extend to Semitic. Should a form of Proto-Semitic prove to be the elusive Proto-Earth or “Mother Tongue,” ant-Semites will officially be Mother Haters.

 

BRANCHES:   אני ANeeeY  sounds more like  ME than does Arabic ana (I). Gondi (Dravidian, west of Calcutta) also has ana for the 1st person subjective pronoun (I).  Perhaps this subjective-objective pronoun stuff is good for grammer, not comparative vocabulary: in Mohawk (American Indian) ME is I:i.

AM and AINT contain the element mi (Anglo-Saxon) which is a first-person pronoun. Moi, the French “me,” is a nasal shift from AhNeeY.  Nous, the French first person plural pronoun ("we") sounds like אנו AhNOO (we).  The “we” of Finnish too (not IE) is also like ANOO, me. 3rd person is just a plural form of ME.

 Im is a first person suffix in Irish; n is the "my" prefix in Piro (an Arawakan language of Peru).

Ten more versions of "I" around the world that echo the nasal-vowel of the Edenic first person pronoun are: end (Yoruba), mi (Gaelic), mu (Igbo of Nigeria), na (Korean), ngo (Cantonese), ngi (Australian Aborigine and Zulu), ni (Basque), ni (Uto-Aztecan languages), nin (Chippewa Indian), and noo (Luiseno Indian).

In Proto-Altaic “I” is nya, and lits descendants have M-N forms of “me.”

See "I."  More pronouns at “NOSTRATIC” and “THOU.”

THOU             AhTaH              Aleph-Tahf-Hey

AH-T(H)AH______אתה_________[A-T(H)-H]

ROOTS: THOU (you) is thu in Old English; the IE “root” of this second-person singular pronoun is tu.  אתה AhTaH  or AhTHaH is "you" or THEE or THOU (Genesis 23:6). The feminine is just  את AhT or AhTH.  The second-person suffix form in the past tense is  תה-  -TaH or -THaH.

 

BRANCHES: Cognates include THY and THINE.  Tahf can be T or (S).  Spanish “your” is both su or tu; ti is the pronoun meaning you and yourself. Latin tu  (you) “reads” the Edenic ת Tahf as a T, not a TH like THEE and THOU. Czech and Polish “you” is ty, and “you” is tvuj. Irish thou is tu.  The German personal pronoun shifts dentals, as du means “you.”   Ta is the 2nd person pronoun (you) in Mongolian/Altaic. Teh is "you" in Nahautl (Aztec Indian); tah(n) is the Thai "you." Taau means "yours" in Proto Nuclear Polynesian. In a Malayo-Polynesian example of that Austronesian superfamily, in the Marshall Islands, you is ta.

The Arabic “you” is inta.   One again, a Semitic nasalization is obviously a later corruption of the Edenic.  (Yet Hebraicists  think that the nasalized בת BahT (daughter) of Semitic in more correct, and that Hebrew dropped the Noon/N of bint.)

The Japanese also seems to have nasalized their “you:anata. Malay anda (you) has nasalized אתה AhTaH (you), but has also shifted dentals, T to D.

The Edenic does appear globally; the Semitic corruption does not.  You  (plural) in Maya (Amerind) is  toon , <  S-N  אתן   ATeN (f.),אתם  ATeM (m.)  of you plural in Edenic.

Nobody borrows pronouns.  See "I." More pronouns at “I,”  “ME,” “NOSTRATIC”

and “THEM.” 

-------------------------------------

On a personal note, I got my internet service here in my new digs in the Galilee -- even before I got a table.   Priorities.

Sderot could remind me of parts of L.A. or Miami. Sfat  is like nothing else.

There's an efigy of Haman hanging in the playground. There were birds flying and chirping in the synagogue.

 

 

Daily posts on Facebook/Twitter

--Edenics web games: www.edenics.net   Edenics videolectures and most recent book: THE ORIGIN OF SPEECHES. Edenic (Biblical Hebrew) as the original, pre-Babel human language program see our many resources at www.edenics.org incl. videos in English, Spn, Fr. or Ger. upgraded youtube.com "intro to edenics"

Posted via email from Isaac Mozeson